Where efficiency and effectiveness matter
Your Systems Operations Center (SOC) is the nerve center of your operation, so it makes sense to ensure that it is functioning in the most healthy, efficient and productive manner possible. With the Ascension SOC360 review, we’ll work with you to find opportunities to optimize, integrate and improve to save you time, money and frustration.
For many airlines, an SOC has been more of a collection of functions than an integrated unit. From Maintenance Control to Dispatch to Crew Management, each functional area brings processes unique to their area and a siloed field of view. Decisions devolve into negotiations and the overall stance of the organization is reactive, waiting for the next crisis to occur. At best the organization manages to survive day-to-day, at worst it becomes a battleground with deteriorating morale. These less than optimal dynamics are often exacerbated by disparate technology that is not integrated and drives an operation rife with workarounds, cumbersome processes and inefficient hand-offs.
A winning SOC weaves together people, process and technology to create a proactive operational culture that has high levels of transparency, unencumbered communications and unparalleled performance. Let Ascension360 open the door to operational excellence.
Day One of the Ascension SOC360 Review starts with a comprehensive visioning session to identify specific areas of emphasis for the airline, reinforce a holistic approach to the review and establish a constructive working dialogue for the team. From there we’ll spend two days of around-the-clock observation in the SOC covering morning, afternoon and evening shifts, culminating in a detailed assessment with ACTIONABLE items for improvement.
- Create a high-level map of the SOCs functional and technical architecture
- Identify opportunities to enhance the “operational corporate knowledgebase” (skills assessment)
- Identify people, process and systems hand-off gaps, bottlenecks and workarounds
- Identify opportunities where desired results can be achieved with tweaks to processes
- Identify opportunities to optimize communications in terms of message, mode and delivery
- Identify opportunities to reduce siloes, increase interaction and transparency and drive a uniform SOC operating culture
- Create an inventory of short, intermediate and long-term tactical and strategic improvement opportunities that can be ranked and actioned by management